Happy Bastille Day! (Or as I recently learned- quatorze juillet. Apparently no one actually calls it Bastille day…I guess like no one really says Independence day for the 4th of July…)
But happy it is indeed, as summer is in full swing with a free MIKA concert, visiting family friends (a.k.a. the surrogate family or the family ambassadors…), new dining out adventures, swimming in a beautiful mountain lake, and exploring quaint Annecy (future blog post on Annecy to come)!
To add to the happiness- I was nominated for the Very Inspiring Blogger award! I’ve really enjoyed getting into the blogger community- sharing experiences, opinions, adventures and words! So thanks to all the followers- family, friends, and blogging community- especially as I fumble my way not only through a foreign country but through the blogging world as well!
Enough sentiment. Here are the rules for the award:
First: Link back to the page that nominates you : So a BIG thanks goes to Dianne at A Beautiful Journey for the thoughtful nomination!
Second: Post the Award image.
Third: Share 7 random facts about yourself.
1. My dad made me read 1984 when I was 11. I threw the book across the table when I got to the end. To this day, dystopias aren’t quite my thing.
2.I love reeces. I always eat the middle part first, so I can savor the crunchier edges. And I miss reeces. French versions of American candy are just depressing. Don’t even try to satisfy your American candy cravings in France!
3. I have only one tatoo. It’s on my left wrist and reads εὐδαιμονία (eudaimonia in English). I got it when I studied abroad in Greece to remember my time there and to remind myself of my new life philosophy. It roughly translates to ‘human flourishing’ and was a philosophical concept of achieving the highest form of happiness used by Plato and Aristotle. It is a daily reminder that as a teacher, an artist, a writer, a traveler, and especially a human, I try to achieve my highest happiness and find ways to help others flourish.
4. I love things that are so bad that they’re good. Like horrible horror movies (Frankenfish and Gingerdead Man are gold). Or cheesy 80s dance moves. And mullets. Those things are just awfully awesome.
5. Elephants are my favorite. Maybe it’s the feminist in me that loves their matriarchal society, maybe it’s the artist in me that loves their creativity, or maybe they’re just that awesome (they play soccer, paint, hold funerals, protect the young as a community- I could go on). It is my dream to touch an elephant. If I rode one, I might die.
6. I have never gotten sick of TexMex food, and don’t think I ever will. Especially tacos. I once went a full week eating breakfast tacos every morning. It was a delicious week.
7.I have an irrational fear of heights. But I love to be adventurous. The combination of those things usually results in comical and horrible scenarios.
And those are your fun facts for the day.
Finally, the last part of the award: Nominate 15 other blogs and inform them about it.
So here are 15 other great bloggers whose stories, pictures, words, travels, and life adventures, should be rewarded (in no particular order):
So check them out! Happy Sunday!