Today I’m feeling appreciative of the little things in life that make a big difference. Like:
- The universe aligning to alleviate stress, reduce complicated factors and streamline a difficult process (is streamline to corporate jargony? is jargony even a word?)
Or more specifically:
- The French administration not only being accurate about the arrival of important documents (for once), but actually being EARLY with said documents!!
- Receiving my récépissé a week in advance, thus allowing me to purchase my plane ticket home and be there for my Grandma’s consultation.
- Buying a round trip ticket to the United States 5 days before departure and discovering a ticket $1,000 less than the original expected price!
- The knowledge that my visa might actually be ready when I return. And due to French error it might be a working visa!
And more generally:
- A wonderful support system all over the world.
- And knowing that I can return to an amazing source of support here in France.
- The excitement that comes with returning home after a year.
- The happiness that stems from my Grandma’s happiness.
- Sharing celebratory desserts to further appreciate these little things.
- And of course- kittens. Kittens are always worth appreciating.
Come Sunday, one of these will be mine (…and Antoine’s).
What’re you feeling appreciative of today?
Happy Friday Everyone!