It’s that time again- Les Mots de la Semaine!
This will be short and sweet today as it’s Antoine’s actual birthday and we are trekking to his hometown, Briançon. I say trekking because Briançon is situated in the French Alps and tonight there is a lovely timed snow storm gracing us with its presence. Which also means that if we don’t get there in time, the one tiny road cutting through the mountain might close. Here’s hoping we’ll be back by Sunday…
But on to les mots:
1. Un Entretien– an interview (for a job)
2. Les Loisirs– hobbies
3. Inculte– uncultivated, ignorant
4. Se Noyer– to drown
5. Un Losange– diamond as in the shape, whereas a diamond ring is un diamant (and NO don’t worry about if I was discussing diamond rings, I was actually realizing that I don’t know French shapes- très pathétique, I know).
And finally, here are some- Bonus B Mots:
- Bâiller, un bâillement– to yawn, a yawn
- Bricolage– to fix, to repair, to do-it-yourself
- Brouillard– fog